In multifunction or all-in-one printers, fax machines, photocopiers and scanners, an automatic document feeder or ADF is a feature which takes several pages and feeds the paper one page at a time into a scanner or copier, allowing the user to scan, and thereby copy, print, or fax, multiple-page documents without having
- 1 Do I need an ADF printer?
- 2 Do I need an automatic document feeder?
- 3 What is ADF on a Epson printer?
- 4 How do I use ADF on my Epson printer?
- 5 How do I use ADF on Epson l5190?
- 6 What is auto duplex printing?
- 7 How do I use automatic document feeder on canon?
- 8 What is a dual pass ADF?
- 9 What is ADF simplex?
- 10 How do I remove the ADF from my Epson printer?
- 11 How do I fix my Epson printer ADF?
- 12 What do I do when my Epson printer says paper jam but there is none?
Do I need an ADF printer?
An ADF is a great feature to have when used properly. It gives you the ability to feed several pages into a multifunction printer, scanner or copier, allowing you print print, copy or scan multiple pages at once without having to manually insert each piece of paper.
Do I need an automatic document feeder?
Who Can Benefit from an Automatic Document Feeder? If your business utilizes optical character recognition (OCR) technology, then chances are you stand to benefit from having an automatic document feeder. With an ADF, you can turn entire encyclopedias worth of documents into digitized, searchable, editable files.
What is ADF on a Epson printer?
EPSON Scan enables you to easily scan documents of different sizes using the Automatic Document Feeder. It recognizes each size of the original documents and then scans them while keeping the original sizes.
How do I use ADF on my Epson printer?
In the EPSON Scan main window, select ADF- Single-sided or ADF-Double-sided from the Document Source list. Also choose the appropriate settings for scanning. Click Scan. The pages are fed into the scanner and scanned.
How do I use ADF on Epson l5190?
We recommend the Office Mode. In the EPSON Scan main window, select ADF-Double-sided for Document Source. Choose the appropriate settings for scanning. Click Scan.
What is auto duplex printing?
Auto duplex printing simply means that your printer can automatically print on both sides of your paper. Many newer printers feature this function. Some older models, however, require you to manually flip the pages so they can be printed on both sides.
How do I use automatic document feeder on canon?
Loading Documents in the ADF (Auto Document Feeder)
- Make sure any original has been removed from platen.
- Open document tray (A).
- Slide the paper guides (B) all the way out.
- Load document WITH SIDE TO SCAN FACING UP in document tray.
- Adjust document guide (B) to match width of document.
What is a dual pass ADF?
So in summary both units can read both sides of a page without user intervention but the Dual scan ADF does this on one pass whereas the Reversing ADF automatically turns the page over and takes double the time.
What is ADF simplex?
When using a model equipped with Auto Duplex ADF, you can scan both sides of the documents automatically from the ADF. When scanning from the ADF, documents are scanned without preview. Click the Advanced Mode tab and select Document (ADF Simplex) or Document (ADF Duplex) for Select Source.
How do I remove the ADF from my Epson printer?
Turn off the scanner. Push down the release lever to slightly raise the feeder mechanism and release the paper. Then slowly pull the jammed paper out of the feeder mechanism. (Be careful not to pull too hard; the paper may tear, making it more difficult to remove.)
How do I fix my Epson printer ADF?
If the Automatic Document Feeder is open, close it and then try again. If the Automatic Document Feeder is already open while you are scanning, remove any jammed paper; reload any document not yet scanned and then restart EPSON Scan.
What do I do when my Epson printer says paper jam but there is none?
Generally, epson printer paper jam issue can be fixed by following tricks.
- Remove the printer header.
- Check if there is any broken paper available.
- try to move the roller gently to check if it moving properly or not.
- place the printer header back again. and reboot your printer once.
- now try to print something.