Troubleshooting offline printer problems
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
- 1 How do I get my printer to get back online?
- 2 Why does my printer keep saying its offline?
- 3 Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
- 4 How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
- 5 How do I fix my printer offline Windows 10?
- 6 What to do if printer is not responding?
- 7 Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
- 8 How do I connect my HP printer to the WIFI?
- 9 Why is my HP printer not printing?
- 10 Why can’t my wireless printer find my router?
- 11 Can’t connect to wireless printer?
How do I get my printer to get back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online ” from the drop down menu.
Why does my printer keep saying its offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router. To check if your printer is connected to your network: Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. You may need to connect your printer to your network again.
How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
Make Printer Online in Windows 10
- Open Settings on your computer and click on Devices.
- On the next screen, click on Printer & Scanners in the left-pane.
- On the next screen, select the Printer Tab and click on Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark on this item.
- Wait for the printer to come back online.
How do I fix my printer offline Windows 10?
Printer Offline? 10 Fixes to Get It Back Online in Windows 10
- Check the Computer and Printer Connection.
- Restart the Printer and Computer.
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter.
- Disable “Use Printer Offline” Mode.
- Clear the Print Queue.
- Set the Printer as Default.
- Restart the Print Spooler Service.
- Update the Printer Drivers.
What to do if printer is not responding?
How do I fix my printer, not responding? (Windows)
- Make your printer the default option. Click on the Start button and then go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Clear Print queue.
- Restart Print Spooler Service.
- Re-Add your printer to your PC.
- Restart your Windows PC.
Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
Make sure your devices are properly connected with each other, and the network or the cable you use to connect these devices is normal. You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer. 5
How do I connect my HP printer to the WIFI?
Use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Put the printer in WPS connection mode.
- Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection process begins.
Why is my HP printer not printing?
Make sure the correct ink or toner cartridges are installed, and that the printer has sufficient ink or toner for your print job. Make sure no error messages or blinking lights display on the printer control panel. Resolve any errors before you use the printer. Restart the printer to clear any error states.
Why can’t my wireless printer find my router?
Router Issues If the printer is wireless, the router’s built-in firewall may be blocking the printer’s IP address as an unrecognized device; you may need to temporarily disable the firewall in order to register or add the address to the router’s trusted device list, also known as a whitelist.
Can’t connect to wireless printer?
How to Fix the Problem
- Try connecting to the printer with a cable. This allows you to see whether the WiFi signal is the issue.
- Find a new spot for the printer.
- Check the printer queue.
- Reboot the printer.
- Make sure the firmware is up-to-date.
- Confirm that your mobile device is on the right network.
- Reset the printer.