Scan a document in Windows 8 or later.
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8)
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
- 1 How do I get my Brother printer to scan?
- 2 How do I get my Brother printer to scan to email?
- 3 How do I get my printer to scan?
- 4 How do I get my Brother printer to scan to PDF?
- 5 How do I scan a document?
- 6 Why can’t I scan from my Brother printer?
- 7 How do I set up my brother scanner?
- 8 How do I scan and email from my printer?
- 9 How do I scan directly to email?
- 10 How do I scan a document and send it?
- 11 How do I scan a document from scanner to computer?
- 12 How do I scan from my Brother printer to my computer Windows 10?
- 13 How can I scan a document and save it as a PDF?
- 14 How do I scan from my brother to my Mac?
How do I get my Brother printer to scan?
Place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass (Flatbed) or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), depending on the model of your Brother machine. Press the Scan key on the Brother machine and select Scan to PC -> File, or Scan to File.
How do I get my Brother printer to scan to email?
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Document Type and Scan Size.
- Click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed in the image viewer. Confirm and edit (if necessary) the scanned image.
- Click Send E-mail.
- The Send E-mail dialog will appear. Configure the attached file settings, and click OK.
How do I get my printer to scan?
- Click on the ‘start’ logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Search for the Windows Fax and Scan App by typing ‘windows fax and scan’ into the start search bar.
- Click on the New Scan option which will open a new window – this can be found in the upper-left side of the Fax and Scan window.
How do I get my Brother printer to scan to PDF?
Click the DEVICE BUTTON tab for scanning from the Brother machines SCAN key or the SOFTWARE BUTTON tab for scanning from within the Control Center application. 4. From the File Type dropdown menu, select PDF and then click OK. This will be the default file type for subsequent scan.
How do I scan a document?
Scan a document
- Open the Google Drive app.
- In the bottom right, tap Add.
- Tap Scan.
- Take a photo of the document you’d like to scan. Adjust scan area: Tap Crop. Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page. Scan another page: Tap Add.
- To save the finished document, tap Done.
Why can’t I scan from my Brother printer?
Check Firewall settings Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again.
How do I set up my brother scanner?
Install the scanner driver (For Windows)
- The installation screen will appear automatically. If prompted, choose your model and language.
- Choose Install Scanner Driver.
- Click Next.
- Read the agreement and check the I accept box.
- Click Next.
- Click Complete.
- Click Install.
- The SCANNER CONNECTION box will appear.
How do I scan and email from my printer?
How do I scan from printer to email?
- Open your scanning app.
- Scan your document.
- Save it.
- Look up your document.
- Right-click on it.
- Select “Share” and then “Mail”.
- Compose your email.
- Send your email.
How do I scan directly to email?
Click the “attach files” button. The “attach files” button is sometimes a paper clip icon. In some cases, you may be able to right-click on the scanned document, click Copy, right click in the new email message, and click Paste to add the document to the email address.
How do I scan a document and send it?
How to scan on Android
- Tap the + icon on the bottom right corner of the Google Drive app.
- Hit the Scan button.
- Place the document face-up on a flat, well-lit surface.
- Focus your phone camera on the document, and capture the image.
- Review the resultant image, and resize or adjust it as required.
How do I scan a document from scanner to computer?
Using your printer or scanner: o Follow the scanner manufacturer’s directions to scan each document to your computer or USB drive. Most scanners simply require you to press a Scan button, or open the scanning program on your computer and click a scan command. o Select the PDF file format option before scanning.
How do I scan from my Brother printer to my computer Windows 10?
Open Device Scan Settings window. In Home Mode: Click Device Settings tab > Device Scan Settings. For Windows
- Open Brother Utilities. Windows 7 / 10. Click or. (Start) > (All Programs or All apps >) Brother > Brother Utilities.
- Select Scan.
- Click ControlCenter4.
How can I scan a document and save it as a PDF?
Scan a paper document to PDF without presets
- Choose Tools > Create PDF > Scanner > Default Settings or My Custom Settings. Note:
- If you want to change the settings, click the Settings icon.
- Click Scan.
- If prompted to scan more pages, select Scan More Pages, Scan Reverse Sides, or Scan Is Complete, and click OK.
How do I scan from my brother to my Mac?
Follow the steps below:
- Connect your Brother machine to the Macintosh using a USB cable.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
- Click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Choose the machine from the list on the left side of the screen.
- Click Scan and then click Open Scanner.