Here’re the fixes:
- Check the connection.
- Set your Brother printer as the default device.
- Restart the Print Spooler service.
- Update your printer driver.
- Clear the print queue.
- Check for damaged system files.
- Print from other programs.
- Factory reset your Brother printer.
- 1 Why does my Brother printer doesn’t print?
- 2 Why is my Brother printer not printing even though it has ink?
- 3 How do I get my Brother printer to print?
- 4 How do I reset my Brother printer?
- 5 Why does my Brother printer not print black?
- 6 Why is my printer not printing when the ink is full?
- 7 How do you check a nozzle on a Brother printer?
- 8 Why will my printer not print in black and white?
- 9 Why does my Brother printer keep going offline?
- 10 Does Brother printer have a reset button?
- 11 Do printers have a reset button?
- 12 How do I troubleshoot my Brother printer?
Why does my Brother printer doesn’t print?
The most common reason a networked Brother machine may stop printing, is because the connection between the computer and the Brother machine is lost. This can occur as a result of wrong settings or configuration of the printer driver. Once you are able to print, enable your firewall again.
Why is my Brother printer not printing even though it has ink?
Verifying the ink cartridges are installed properly and/or cleaning the print head may resolve this problem. Verify the ink cartridges are installed correctly. – If your Brother machine has the INK or INK MANAGEMENT key on its control panel, press the INK or INK MANAGEMENT key.
How do I get my Brother printer to print?
Do the following steps to solve the problem:
- Check the status of your Brother machine.
- Check the connection of your Brother machine and the computer.
- Check the printer driver settings.
- Try printing from another application.
- Restart your Brother machine and the computer.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
How do I reset my Brother printer?
Press Menu from the printer control panel. Using the Up or Down Arrow keys, select Initial Setup and then press OK. Using the Up or Down Arrow keys, select Reset and then press OK. Using the Up or Down Arrow keys, select the reset function of your preference and then press OK.
Why does my Brother printer not print black?
This is due to several factors such as poor quality ink being used, tanks not being mixed often enough causing sediment to gather at the bottom of the tanks or not being used often enough. All of these factors can cause the black ink or the colours not to print.
Why is my printer not printing when the ink is full?
– Ink or toner cartridges that have become dislodged from their proper place. – The wrong paper size loaded in the input tray. – Clogged printer head nozzles causing a build-up of blocked ink or toner. – Blank pages in the document you’re printing.
How do you check a nozzle on a Brother printer?
Print the Print Quality Check Sheet and look at the nozzle check pattern. Press or to select the following:
- Select [General Setup]. Press OK.
- Select [Maintenance]. Press OK.
- Select [Impr. PrintQuality]. Press OK.
- Select [Impr. PrintQuality] again. Press OK.
Why will my printer not print in black and white?
First, check your printer settings on the file or picture your trying to print. If your page is setup to print in “grayscale” it will only print in black and white. Change the setting to “default” so it will print in color. If your settings look good from the start, the cartridge may just need to be primed.
Why does my Brother printer keep going offline?
Some of the reasons why your Brother printer goes offline intermediately are but not limited to: Static IP: The port you are assigning to the printer is not a static one. Antivirus software: Antivirus software is known to cause issues with the printer when they block its actions because of a false positive.
Easiest and Best Way to Reset Brother Printer: Go to the “Settings” option and press “All Settings”. After that, go to the “Initial Setup” section and press the “Reset” button. Press the Up and Down keys to display the type of reset function, and then press the reset function key that you want to use.
Reset Button Models It is usually on the top right-hand side of your printer, near any digital display screen that the printer may have, and where the button used to turn the computer on and off is also located. Find the button marked Pause/Reset on the row of buttons on the control panel.
How do I troubleshoot my Brother printer?
Follow the Best Troubleshooting Tips for Brother Printer: Try shutting down the printer and restart it if you encounter any problems in between periods. Periodically check the network / USB cable or USB port. Uninstall the old driver and reinstall the latest version of the printer driver.