Connect the printer end of the USB cable to the USB port on the side of the printer. *The location of the USB port differs depending on your printer. Connect the other end of the USB cable to the USB port on the computer. Turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- 1 What cable do I need to connect laptop to printer?
- 2 How do I get my laptop to recognize my printer?
- 3 Can I plug my laptop into a printer?
- 4 How do I get my printer to print with cable?
- 5 How do I connect my HP printer to my laptop with a wire?
- 6 Why is my USB printer not recognized?
- 7 Can I connect my printer to my computer with an Ethernet cable?
What cable do I need to connect laptop to printer?
A USB cable connects your printer to your computer, so you have a direct connection every time you print. The majority of printers are compatible with a USB 2.0 A/B cable. The “A” side of the cable plugs into the USB port on your computer and the “B” side plugs into the back of the printer.
How do I get my laptop to recognize my printer?
To find the printer, go to the Start menu and select Settings, Devices, then Printers & scanners. Now click Add a printer or scanner and after a short while your printer should appear in the list. Select it and hit Add device. Windows should download and install the drivers, if you don’t have them already.
Can I plug my laptop into a printer?
A few laptops still feature a printer port, but most use a regular USB port. Connect a USB cable to the printer and to your laptop. Or, you can plug a standard printer cable into the printer’s I/O panel or into your laptop’s port replicator or docking station. Turn on the printer.
How do I get my printer to print with cable?
Connect one end of a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer and the other end of the USB cable into the USB port on the OTG cable. Plug the micro-USB connector of the OTG cable into the micro-USB port on your Android device. An HP Print Service Plugin window displays on the Android device.
How do I connect my HP printer to my laptop with a wire?
How to connect a printer via wired USB cable
- Step 1: Open windows setting. At the bottom left of your screen, click the Windows icon to reveal your Start Menu.
- Step 2: Access devices. Within the first row of your Windows settings, find and click the icon labeled “Devices”
- Step 3: Connect your printer.
Why is my USB printer not recognized?
This issue can be caused if any of the following situations exist: The currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt. Your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB external hard drive and Windows. Windows may be missing other important updates hardware or software issues.
Can I connect my printer to my computer with an Ethernet cable?
You cannot connect the printer directly to the computer via Ethernet. It must be connected through a router or network switch. An Ethernet connection is typically faster than USB and allows you direct access to the settings of the printer using the Embedded Web Server.