Connect to Your Printer
- Click on the Apple symbol on the top, left-hand corner. Then, click System Preferences.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners icon.
- Click the plus “+” sign to add the printer. (
- A new window will open.
- Add the printer to your computer and it should appear in your printers list once configured.
- 1 Why can’t I add a printer to my Mac?
- 2 How do I setup a wireless printer on my Mac?
- 3 How do I get my Mac to recognize my HP printer?
- 4 Why can’t My Computer find my printer?
- 5 How do I add a printer that is not listed?
- 6 How do I get my Mac to find a wireless printer?
- 7 How do you add a printer?
- 8 Why is my wireless printer not being detected?
- 9 How do I make my printer discoverable?
Why can’t I add a printer to my Mac?
If you can’t add the printer because it doesn’t appear in the list of available printers, it may be turned off, or your Mac may be on a different network now. If the printer was shared by another user, the user may have stopped sharing it, or the user’s Mac may be offline.
How do I setup a wireless printer on my Mac?
How to Connect a Wireless Printer to Mac
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner your screen.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click on Printers and Scanners.
- Click the + sign below the list of printers.
- Select the printer you would like to add.
- Choose the printer’s software or driver in the Use field.
- Finally, click Add.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my HP printer?
Click the Apple icon, click System Preferences, and then click Printers & Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax. Click the Plus sign. Select your printer from the list. Click the Use or Print Using field, select AirPrint from the drop-down, and then click Add.
Why can’t My Computer find my printer?
Restart the printer and try again. Unplug the printer from an outlet. You can plug it back in again to see if it works this time. Check if the printer is properly set up or connected to your computer’s system.
How do I add a printer that is not listed?
Installing a local printer manually
- Open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on Printers & scanners.
- Click the Add a printer or scanner button.
- Wait a few moments.
- Click The printer that I want isn’t listed option.
- Select the Add a local printer or network printer option.
- Click the Next button.
How do I get my Mac to find a wireless printer?
Once your printer is hooked up to the Wi-Fi, connecting it to your Mac is easy:
- Go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, then click the + button at the bottom of the list.
- Leave the Default tab selected and let your Mac search for printers connected to the WiFi network.
- Click on your printer from the list.
How do you add a printer?
Add a printer using Wi-Fi Direct: On your printer, make sure Wi-Fi Direct is turned on. On your mobile device, tap All printers > Add printer, and then tap HP Print Service or HP Inc. Tap Directly to the Printer, select the name of your printer with DIRECT in the name, and then tap OK.
Why is my wireless printer not being detected?
Run the printer troubleshooter. If your computer can’t detect your wireless printer, you can also try to fix the problem by running the built-in printer troubleshooter. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter >run the printer troubleshooter.
How do I make my printer discoverable?
Go to the Start menu and click Settings, Devices, then Printers & scanners. Select Add a printer or scanner and wait for your printer to appear in the list, then select it and hit Add device. If Windows doesn’t find your printer, select The printer that I want isn’t listed and follow the instructions.