How do I clear the print queue if a document is stuck?
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.
- 1 How do I force a print queue to delete?
- 2 How do I clear the print queue on my HP printer?
- 3 How do I get rid of a print job that won’t delete?
- 4 How do I clear the print queue in Windows 10?
- 5 Why do print jobs get stuck in the queue?
- 6 How do I fix a print job stuck in queue?
- 7 Why is my printer queuing?
- 8 How do I find my HP printer queue?
- 9 How do I clear the print queue on my Epson printer?
How do I force a print queue to delete?
You can clear the print queue using commands like this.
- Select Start.
- Type Command.
- Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator“.
- Type net stop spooler then press “Enter“.
- Type del %systemroot%System32spoolprinters* /Q then press “Enter“.
- Type net start spooler then press “Enter“.
How do I clear the print queue on my HP printer?
Cancel print job (Win 10) | HP
- Open the print queue. If a printer icon displays in the notification area, double-click the icon to open the print queue.
- Right-click the print job you want to cancel, and then click Cancel.
How do I get rid of a print job that won’t delete?
Right-click the earliest print job and then select “Restart” from the context menu. If your printer cranks up and starts printing after restarting the document, you’re good to go. Otherwise, you’ll need to try canceling the document. Right-click the document again and select the “Cancel” command.
How do I clear the print queue in Windows 10?
Open File Explorer. Navigate to C: WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS then press Enter on the keyboard. Press Control + A on the keyboard to select all items. Right click on any of the selected items, then select Delete to remove all print jobs.
Why do print jobs get stuck in the queue?
Print jobs can be stuck in queue due to an outdated printer driver. If you recently installed a Windows update, it is best that you check for available device driver updates too.
How do I fix a print job stuck in queue?
Clear printer jobs stuck in the print queue
- Stop the Print Spooler service.
- Delete the files in the Printers directory.
- Restart the Restart the Print Spooler service.
Why is my printer queuing?
A defective or empty ink tank or toner cartridge, or a too-low level on a solid ink device, effectively stops the printing process and freezes pending jobs in the output queue.
How do I find my HP printer queue?
Checking the Print Queue in Windows 8 | HP From the search results list, click Devices and printers. Right-click the name of your printer from the Printers section. Click See what’s printing to open the print queue. With the print queue open, try to print your document again.
How do I clear the print queue on my Epson printer?
Select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your product name, select See what’s printing, and select your product name again, if necessary. Right-click the stalled print job, click Cancel, and click Yes.