To set up your Brother machine on a wireless network:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket.
- Press Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.
- 1 Why is my Brother printer not connecting to WiFi?
- 2 How do I get my printer to connect wirelessly?
- 3 How do I reset the WiFi on my Brother printer?
- 4 How do I know if my Brother printer is connected to WiFi?
- 5 What are two methods to connect to a printer wirelessly?
- 6 What is a WPS button on printer?
- 7 How do I get my Brother printer to print wirelessly?
- 8 How do I connect my Brother wireless printer without cable?
- 9 Why is my Brother printer not discoverable?
- 10 Is network key same as password?
Why is my Brother printer not connecting to WiFi?
Primary Guide to Solve Brother Printer WiFi Connection Problem. First of all power off the Brother printer and router for minimum one minute and then power on it back. Then turn off the Wi- Fi on your Brother printer and then again turn it on. Try to connect your Brother printer to the Wifi using WPS method.
How do I get my printer to connect wirelessly?
If your printer and router both support WPS push-to-connect, simply push the WPS button on your printer, then press the WPS button on your router within two minutes. The connection will be made automatically. Some older wireless printers may require you to connect to a computer first to set up the wireless connection.
How do I reset the WiFi on my Brother printer?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Press. (Settings) > All Settings > Network > Network Reset.
- Reset Network? will be displayed. Press Yes.
- Reboot OK? will be displayed. Press Yes for two seconds to confirm. The machine will restart.
How do I know if my Brother printer is connected to WiFi?
Check your machine’s wireless status by printing the WLAN report. > Click here to check the wireless status on the WLAN report. If your WLAN report is stating “Connection OK”, although you can not scan, refer to “Check the wireless status on the WLAN report” and check “Connection: OK”.
What are two methods to connect to a printer wirelessly?
There are three main ways to connect your printer into your Wi-Fi network: using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), using the printer’s onboard Wireless Setup Wizard, or by connecting your printer to your computer via USB and using the supplied software to configure the wireless connection.
The WPS method OR (push button method) is an easy and quick method of connecting the printer’s to the wireless router / access point or gateway. Generally, the way it works is that you press this button on the printer first and then on the router within 2 minutes for the both the devices to connect to each other.
How do I get my Brother printer to print wirelessly?
Press and hold the Wireless Mode button for one second to turn on the wireless mode. When the Wi-Fi LED is lit, release the Wireless Mode button. Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable. Start the Printer Setting Tool on the computer, and click [Communication Settings].
How do I connect my Brother wireless printer without cable?
Press and hold the WiFi button on your machine for about 2 seconds, until the light begins to blink. The WiFi button will light up when connected. You have completed Wireless Setup on your Brother machine.
Why is my Brother printer not discoverable?
Verify that all devices on the network where your PC and the Brother machine are connected work correctly. Turn off the Brother machine and turn it back on. The built-in network card may not work for some reason. Turn off the Brother machine and turn it back on, this will reset the network card.
Is network key same as password?
Luckily, it’s not as confusing as it sounds — your network security key is essentially just your Wi-Fi password. A network security key is a specific type of password that allows your Wi-Fi router to talk to the device you’re using, and allows you to use the internet securely.