How to Add a Network Printer
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Click the Add a Printer button on the toolbar.
- Click the printer you want to use.
- Click Next to add the printer.
- (Optional) Designate the printer as your default printer.
- Click Next to continue.
- Click Finish.
Why can’t I connect to my printer on my network?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
How do I install a network printer on Windows 10?
How to connect your printer
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.” Source: Windows Central.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Turn on the printer.
- Refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Select the printer from the results.
- Click Add device.
How do you reconnect a wireless printer?
If your printer and router both support WPS push-to-connect, simply push the WPS button on your printer, then press the WPS button on your router within two minutes. The connection will be made automatically. Some older wireless printers may require you to connect to a computer first to set up the wireless connection.
How do I get my printer to recognize my WiFi?
How to Fix the Problem
- Try connecting to the printer with a cable. This allows you to see whether the WiFi signal is the issue.
- Find a new spot for the printer.
- Check the printer queue.
- Reboot the printer.
- Make sure the firmware is up-to-date.
- Confirm that your mobile device is on the right network.
- Reset the printer.
Why is wireless printer not responding?
If your printer fails to respond to a job: Check that all printer cables are connected properly and be sure that the printer is turned on. Cancel all documents and try printing again. If your printer is attached by USB port, you may try connecting to other USB ports.
Why does my wireless printer say not connected?
A recent OS update or software update might result in connection issues in printers. Updating a printer driver might give compatibility issues and hence the connection issue. Installing drivers for the wrong printer model or for the incorrect version of the operating system may also cause this problem.