To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings. Go to Devices Printers scanners select a printer Manage. Then select Set as default. If you have Let Windows manage my default printer selected, you’ll need to deselect it before you can choose a default printer on your own.
- 1 How do I set a printer as my default?
- 2 How do I stop Windows 10 from changing my default printer?
- 3 Why does my default printer keep changing Windows 10?
- 4 How do I stop Windows from changing my default printer?
- 5 Why can’t I set my printer as default?
- 6 How do I make my HP printer the default printer?
- 7 How do I change printer settings in Windows 10?
- 8 Should my printer be set as default?
- 9 What is Let Windows manage my default printer?
- 10 How do I set default printer in registry?
- 11 Why does Windows change my default printer?
- 12 How do I fix my printer settings?
- 13 Why does my default printer keep changing to Adobe?
- 14 Why did my printer settings change?
- 15 How do I change the default printer for all users in Windows 10 registry?
How do I set a printer as my default?
Here’s how to make a printer the default from your computer:
- Choose Start→Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers window appears.
- Right-click any printer that isn’t set as the default and choose Set as Default Printer from the shortcut menu.
- Click the Close button in the Devices and Printers window.
How do I stop Windows 10 from changing my default printer?
How to stop Windows 10 from changing the default printer
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to the following page: Settings -> Devices -> Printers and Scanners.
- See the option named Let Windows manage my default printer. Turn it off as shown below:
Why does my default printer keep changing Windows 10?
This is because of Windows 10 new feature called “Let Windows manage my default printer” that sets your most recent used printer as the default automatically. While this can be useful for some users, many others might prefer to set the default printer manually.
How do I stop Windows from changing my default printer?
In Settings, click “Devices.” In Devices, select “Printers & Scanners” in the sidebar menu. In “Printers & Scanners” settings, scroll down and uncheck the box beside “ Let Windows manage my default printer.”
Why can’t I set my printer as default?
Open Settings by pressing the Windows key + I. Select Devices in Settings. Next, click Printers & scanners on the left of the window. Deselect the Allow Windows to manage my default printer option.
How do I make my HP printer the default printer?
Click the Windows icon ( ), click Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers window opens. Right-click your HP product, and then click Set as default printer.
How do I change printer settings in Windows 10?
You can access the printer properties to view and change product settings.
- Do one of the following: Windows 10: Right-click and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your product name and select Printer properties.
- Click any tab to view and change the printer property settings.
Should my printer be set as default?
From time to time you may need to start printing from a new printer. This can happen because of a desk or office move or because of a network change. For efficiency, you should set your default printer to the one you use most often or the one that is most convenient.
What is Let Windows manage my default printer?
Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners. Scroll down to see the option (along with a box you can check): “Let Windows manage my default printer” Windows provides the explanation under the selection: When this is on, Windows will set your default printer to be the one you used most recently at your current location.
How do I set default printer in registry?
Simple Steps For How to Set Default Printer Windows 7 Registry
- Click the Start button and type regedit on the search field.
- Move to the Computer HKEY_CURRENT – USER Software Microsoft Windows NT Current Version Devices.
- Locate the target printer in the list of available devices in the right pane.
Why does Windows change my default printer?
The reason the default printer keeps changing is that Windows automatically assumes that the last printer you used is your new favorite. So, when you switch from one printer to another, Windows changes the default printer to the last printer you used.
How do I fix my printer settings?
Follow these steps to change your printer’s default settings:
- Type “Devices” into the main search bar at the bottom left of your screen.
- Select “Devices and Printers” from the results list.
- Right click on the appropriate printer icon.
- Select “Printing Preferences”
- Change print settings, click “OK”
- Ready, set, print!
Why does my default printer keep changing to Adobe?
So what happens is, your print spooler crashes because there are installed drivers (print drivers) that are old/conflicting/etc. So the spooler crashes and takes your printer availability list with it. If you disable the print spooler, you’ll notice the only things left are printing options like OneNote/XPS/PDF/etc.
Why did my printer settings change?
Default printer keeps changing randomly, after reboot, log off – According to users, their default printer keeps switching after reboot. This can be caused by your drivers, so be sure to update them. Default printer keeps switching, reverting back – Sometimes this issue can occur due to certain system bugs.
How do I change the default printer for all users in Windows 10 registry?
Right click printer, select Properties. Go to Advanced tab. Click Printing Defaults button. Change the settings.