Follow the steps below:
- Connect your Brother machine to the Macintosh using a USB cable.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
- Click Print Scan or Printers Scanners.
- Choose the machine from the list on the left side of the screen.
- Click Scan and then click Open Scanner.
- 1 Why is my Brother printer not scanning to my Mac computer?
- 2 How do I scan from my wireless printer to my Mac?
- 3 How do I get my Brother printer to scan to my computer?
- 4 How do I connect my brother scanner to my Mac wirelessly?
- 5 How do you scan on a Mac?
- 6 Why is my Mac not communicating with my printer?
- 7 Why is my scanner not showing up in the computer?
- 8 How do I scan a document from my printer to my computer?
- 9 Why will my Brother printer not scan to my computer?
- 10 How do I connect my Brother scanner to my computer wirelessly?
- 11 How do I set up Brother scan to network?
- 12 How do I connect my Brother printer to my Mac?
- 13 How do I get my Mac to recognize my printer?
- 14 How do I make my Brother printer discoverable?
Why is my Brother printer not scanning to my Mac computer?
If you are able to scan from your Brother machine, then the issue is resolved. If you are still unable to scan, uninstall the scanner driver and try to re-install. Go to Downloads section of this website and download Scanner Driver (TWAIN). The installation instructions are available on the download page.
How do I scan from my wireless printer to my Mac?
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. Select your scanner in the list at the left, then click Open Scanner on the right. If your scanner is also a printer, you may need to click Scan on the right before you can click Open Scanner.
How do I get my Brother printer to scan to my computer?
Scan a document in Windows 8 or later.
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8)
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
How do I connect my brother scanner to my Mac wirelessly?
Download the driver from the Brother official website. Navigate to the install file and double click to begin. Click on the start here Icon, in the next window click Open, then Next. Choose Wireless Network Connection and click Next.
How do you scan on a Mac?
Scan with a document-feeding scanner
- Place the pages in the scanner’s document feeder.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
- Select your scanner in the list at the left, then click Open Scanner on the right.
- Select Use Document Feeder.
- Set scanning options.
- Click Scan.
Why is my Mac not communicating with my printer?
To troubleshoot your connections, disconnect every cable between the printer and computer, then reconnect, making sure that the connections are tight. Each Mac model has several USB ports; if your printer still doesn’t work after reconnecting the cables, try another USB port. Your original printer could be dead.
Why is my scanner not showing up in the computer?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. You can also switch to a different USB port on your computer to check if a faulty port is to blame. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead.
How do I scan a document from my printer to my computer?
What to Know
- In Windows, go to Start > Scan > Settings > Devices> Printers & Scanners.
- Then, choose a printer and select Manage > Scanner > Open scanner > Scan.
- On a Mac, go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners. Choose a printer and select Scan > Open Scanner > Scan.
Why will my Brother printer not scan to my computer?
Check Firewall settings Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again.
How do I connect my Brother scanner to my computer wirelessly?
To set up your Brother machine on a wireless network:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket.
- Press Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.
How do I set up Brother scan to network?
Configure and use the Scan to Network feature (For Windows)
- Print the network configuration report to obtain the IP address of the Brother machine.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Scan to FTP/Network menu.
- Select the Network option for the profile you want to use for Scan to Network.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my Mac?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Turn your Brother machine’s power off and unplug the machine from the power outlet.
- Choose your connection type.
- Click on the Apple Menu and choose System Preferences.
- Click on the Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners icon.
- Click on + button.
- Click on Default.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my printer?
Connect to Your Printer
- Click on the Apple symbol on the top, left-hand corner. Then, click System Preferences.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners icon.
- Click the plus “+” sign to add the printer. (
- A new window will open.
- Add the printer to your computer and it should appear in your printers list once configured.
How do I make my Brother printer discoverable?
Press and hold the Wireless Mode button for one second to turn on the wireless mode. When the Wi-Fi LED is lit, release the Wireless Mode button. Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable. Start the Printer Setting Tool on the computer, and click [Communication Settings].