Resolving Print jobs stuck in queue and other printing problems using the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Windows: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- Click Fix Printing.
- 1 Why is my HP printer not working?
- 2 How do I fix HP printer not printing?
- 3 How do I fix my printer that won’t print?
- 4 How do I reset my HP printer?
- 5 Why has my printer stopped working?
- 6 Why is my stuff not printing?
- 7 Why is my printer not printing even though it has ink?
- 8 Why is my HP printer not printing even though it has ink?
- 9 What is a cold reset for an HP printer?
- 10 Why is my HP printer flashing orange?
- 11 Why does my HP printer keep flashing?
Why is my HP printer not working?
Make sure the correct ink or toner cartridges are installed, and that the printer has sufficient ink or toner for your print job. Make sure no error messages or blinking lights display on the printer control panel. Resolve any errors before you use the printer. Restart the printer to clear any error states.
How do I fix HP printer not printing?
Make sure your devices are properly connected with each other, and the network or the cable you use to connect these devices is normal. You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer. 5
How do I fix my printer that won’t print?
What to Do When Your Printer Won’t Print
- Check Your Printer’s Error Lights.
- Clear the Printer Queue.
- Solidify the Connection.
- Ensure You Have the Right Printer.
- Install the Drivers and Software.
- Add Printer.
- Check that Paper Is Installed (Not Jammed)
- Fiddle With the Ink Cartridges.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
Why has my printer stopped working?
Make sure there is paper in the tray(s), check the ink or toner cartridges aren’t empty, the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to Wi-Fi. And if it is a network or wireless printer, try using a USB cable instead. In our experience, some Wi-Fi printers are unreliable in terms of their connection.
Why is my stuff not printing?
First, make sure the printer is on and has paper in the tray. Next, check to make sure the printer cable is properly connected to both the computer and the printer. If you still can’t print, check to make sure the printer is not set to offline mode. Go to Start, Printers and Faxes.
Why is my printer not printing even though it has ink?
Check if the vents of the cartridges are clogged. Try using a different ink cartridge to determine if your printer is able to recognize cartridges. If your printer used to work with an old cartridge, try installing that old cartridge again and see if your printer produces any sort of output–any shade of gray will do.
Why is my HP printer not printing even though it has ink?
HP printers with clogged printhead nozzles don’t usually print black ink. Thus, cleaning the printhead is a resolution some HP printer users have confirmed fixes the printing. You can usually select a Deep Cleaning or Clean Printhead option from a Printer Maintenance menu on an HP printer’s control panel.
What is a cold reset for an HP printer?
Answer. On HP printers, a “cold reset” causes the printer to return to its factory default settings, which among other things, causes it to try and retrieve its configuration information from a BOOTP server. A cold reset is often needed if the printer’s configuration has been corrupted or changed using the front panel.
Why is my HP printer flashing orange?
When the printer shows orange light blinking, it mostly means some issues with the printer cartridge, toner, or simply corrupted configuration settings as reported by the user in the Microsoft Community.
Why does my HP printer keep flashing?
The Power light blinks at a steady interval when the printer is processing a print job. If the Power light blinks fast, the ink cartridge door might be open, or the printer might be in an error state. If an error message displays on the computer screen, follow the on-screen messages to resolve the issue.