Follow these steps to change your printer’s default settings:
- Type “Devices” into the main search bar at the bottom left of your screen.
- Select “Devices and Printers” from the results list.
- Right click on the appropriate printer icon.
- Select “Printing Preferences”
- Change print settings, click “OK”
- Ready, set, print!
- 1 How do I change printer settings in Windows 10?
- 2 How do I find printer settings on my computer?
- 3 How do I reset my printer settings?
- 4 How do I unlock my printer settings?
- 5 How do I change the default printer properties?
- 6 How do I reset my wireless printer?
- 7 How do I reset my HP printer settings?
- 8 How do I hard reset my HP printer?
- 9 How do I change Epson printer settings?
- 10 Why is printing preferences locked?
- 11 How do I change the print settings on my Canon Pixma printer?
How do I change printer settings in Windows 10?
How to Set Printer Preferences on Your Windows 10 Laptop
- To modify these settings for all documents you print, in the Start menu click Settings → Devices → Printers & Scanners, and then scroll down and click the Devices and Printers link.
- Right-click a printer and then choose Printing Preferences.
How do I find printer settings on my computer?
You can access the printer properties to view and change product settings.
- Do one of the following: Windows 10: Right-click and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your product name and select Printer properties.
- Click any tab to view and change the printer property settings.
How do I reset my printer settings?
1. On the printer display home screen, select the “set up” button (it looks like a gear). 2. Select “settings” > “device settings” > “reset settings ” > “reset all” > “OK” and then “Yes.”
How do I unlock my printer settings?
To lock or unlock the printer:
- Log in as a System Administrator.
- At the control panel, press Machine Status, then touch the Tools tab.
- Touch Authentication / Security Settings > System Administrator Settings > System Administrators Login ID.
- To lock the printer, touch On.
- If you touched On:
- Touch Save.
How do I change the default printer properties?
Open Start > Settings > Printers & Faxes.
- Right click printer, select Properties.
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Click Printing Defaults button.
- Change the settings.
How do I reset my wireless printer?
To do this, power down the printer and then unplug the power cord from the wall. Wait for a minute, then plug the printer back in and power it back up. Wait for the cartridges to center, and then try printing again. If your issue persists, you can also try resetting the printer to the default or factory settings.
How do I reset my HP printer settings?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do I hard reset my HP printer?
To restore the product to the factory-default settings, follow these steps.
- Turn the product off. Disconnect the power cable from the product for 30 seconds and then reconnect.
- Turn the product on while you press and hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds. The Attention light turns on.
- Release the Resume button.
How do I change Epson printer settings?
Open the Print dialog box. Select Printer Settings from the drop-down list, and select the Basic settings tab. Select Advanced. You will find the predefined settings in the list on the right of Automatic.
Why is printing preferences locked?
This is normal behavior. Select a locked (or previously created custom) shortcut, make changes to the settings, and “save as” to create your own custom shortcut(s). You can name your custom shortcut what you like to help you find it next time.
How do I change the print settings on my Canon Pixma printer?
Changing the Print Options
- Open the printer driver setup window.
- Click Print Options on the Page Setup tab. The Print Options dialog box opens. Note.
- Change the individual settings. If necessary, change the setting of each item, and then click OK. The Page Setup tab is displayed again.