Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- 1 How do I get a printer back online?
- 2 How do I switch my printer from offline to online?
- 3 How do you fix a printer that says offline?
- 4 Why does my wireless printer keep going offline?
- 5 Why is my printer not connecting?
- 6 Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
- 7 How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
- 8 Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
- 9 What to do if printer is not responding?
- 10 Why does my printer say driver not available?
- 11 Why does my HP printer keep going offline Mac?
How do I get a printer back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online ” from the drop down menu.
How do I switch my printer from offline to online?
2] Change Printer Status
- Open Windows Settings (Win + 1)
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer of which you want to change the status, and then click on Open queue.
- In the Print Queue window, click on Printer Offline.
- Confirm, and the status of the printer will be set to online.
How do you fix a printer that says offline?
Troubleshooting offline printer problems
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
Why does my wireless printer keep going offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues to a fault with your printer.
Why is my printer not connecting?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router. To check if your printer is connected to your network: Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. You may need to connect your printer to your network again.
How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
Make Printer Online in Windows 10
- Open Settings on your computer and click on Devices.
- On the next screen, click on Printer & Scanners in the left-pane.
- On the next screen, select the Printer Tab and click on Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark on this item.
- Wait for the printer to come back online.
Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
Make sure your devices are properly connected with each other, and the network or the cable you use to connect these devices is normal. You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer. 5
What to do if printer is not responding?
How do I fix my printer, not responding? (Windows)
- Make your printer the default option. Click on the Start button and then go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Clear Print queue.
- Restart Print Spooler Service.
- Re-Add your printer to your PC.
- Restart your Windows PC.
Why does my printer say driver not available?
The error “Printer driver is unavailable” means that the driver installed against your printer is either not compatible or is outdated. If the computer cannot recognize the driver or function with it, you will not be able to access your printer and use it to print jobs.
Why does my HP printer keep going offline Mac?
The most common issues that make a printer appear offline are old printer drivers, too many documents sent to the printer, network issues, loose cables, a paper jam or missing paper.