Try following these steps to get your printer back online.
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
- 1 How do I get my printer to get back online?
- 2 Why does my printer say offline when its plugged in?
- 3 How do I restart my printer offline?
- 4 Why does HP printer say offline?
- 5 How do I change my printer status from offline to online?
- 6 Why is my printer not connecting?
- 7 How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
How do I get my printer to get back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online ” from the drop down menu.
Why does my printer say offline when its plugged in?
‘Offline’ typically indicates that the computer cannot communicate with the printer because it is either powered off, the USB cable is disconnected, or the printer is set to Use printer offline.
How do I restart my printer offline?
Printer Offline? 10 Fixes to Get It Back Online in Windows 10
- Check the Computer and Printer Connection.
- Restart the Printer and Computer.
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter.
- Disable “Use Printer Offline” Mode.
- Clear the Print Queue.
- Set the Printer as Default.
- Restart the Print Spooler Service.
- Update the Printer Drivers.
Why does HP printer say offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
How do I change my printer status from offline to online?
2] Change Printer Status
- Open Windows Settings (Win + 1)
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer of which you want to change the status, and then click on Open queue.
- In the Print Queue window, click on Printer Offline.
- Confirm, and the status of the printer will be set to online.
Why is my printer not connecting?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
Make Printer Online in Windows 10
- Open Settings on your computer and click on Devices.
- On the next screen, click on Printer & Scanners in the left-pane.
- On the next screen, select the Printer Tab and click on Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark on this item.
- Wait for the printer to come back online.