To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings. Go to Devices Printers scanners select a printer Manage. Then select Set as default. If you have Let Windows manage my default printer selected, you’ll need to deselect it before you can choose a default printer on your own.
- 1 How do I change my default printer?
- 2 Why can’t I set my printer as default?
- 3 How do I stop Windows 10 from changing my default printer?
- 4 Why does my default printer keep changing Windows 10?
- 5 How do I change printer properties in Windows 10?
- 6 How do I reset my printer on Windows 10?
- 7 How do I set my HP printer as my default printer?
- 8 How do I fix a default printer error?
- 9 How do I make my printer default to all users?
- 10 What does it mean to set your printer as Default?
- 11 Why does Windows change my default printer?
- 12 What is Let Windows manage my default printer?
- 13 How do I stop Windows from changing my default printer?
- 14 How do I set default printer in registry?
- 15 Can Default printer be changed?
How do I change my default printer?
Change the Default Printer
- In the lower-left corner of your screen, click the Windows [Start] button > From the side panel, click the gear-shaped [Settings] icon > Select “Devices”.
- Select the printer you wish to set as the default > Click [Manage] > Click [Set as default].
Why can’t I set my printer as default?
Open Settings by pressing the Windows key + I. Select Devices in Settings. Next, click Printers & scanners on the left of the window. Deselect the Allow Windows to manage my default printer option.
How do I stop Windows 10 from changing my default printer?
How to stop Windows 10 from changing the default printer
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to the following page: Settings -> Devices -> Printers and Scanners.
- See the option named Let Windows manage my default printer. Turn it off as shown below:
Why does my default printer keep changing Windows 10?
This is because of Windows 10 new feature called “Let Windows manage my default printer” that sets your most recent used printer as the default automatically. While this can be useful for some users, many others might prefer to set the default printer manually.
How do I change printer properties in Windows 10?
You can access the printer properties to view and change product settings.
- Do one of the following: Windows 10: Right-click and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your product name and select Printer properties.
- Click any tab to view and change the printer property settings.
How do I reset my printer on Windows 10?
Resetting printer settings
- From the Program Window, choose File → Printers.
- Click Reset Printers.
How do I set my HP printer as my default printer?
Click the Windows icon ( ), click Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens. Click Hardware and Sound, and then click Printers. Right-click your HP product, and then click Set as Default Printer.
How do I fix a default printer error?
Change Default Printer via Windows Registry
- First of all, open up the Run dialog box on your computer by pressing Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- In the Run dialog box, type in regedit and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- On the follow-up User Access Control dialog box, click the Yes button.
How do I make my printer default to all users?
Open Start > Settings > Printers & Faxes.
- Right click printer, select Properties.
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Click Printing Defaults button.
- Change the settings.
What does it mean to set your printer as Default?
A default printer is a printer all print jobs are sent to unless otherwise specified. Having a default printer prevents a program from asking what printer they want to use each time they print. Changing your default printer is very simple.
Why does Windows change my default printer?
The reason the default printer keeps changing is that Windows automatically assumes that the last printer you used is your new favorite. So, when you switch from one printer to another, Windows changes the default printer to the last printer you used.
What is Let Windows manage my default printer?
Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners. Scroll down to see the option (along with a box you can check): “Let Windows manage my default printer” Windows provides the explanation under the selection: When this is on, Windows will set your default printer to be the one you used most recently at your current location.
How do I stop Windows from changing my default printer?
How to stop default printer from changing by itself
- Open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on Printers & scanners.
- Turn off the “Let Windows manage my default printer” toggle switch. Let Windows manage my default printer.
How do I set default printer in registry?
Simple Steps For How to Set Default Printer Windows 7 Registry
- Click the Start button and type regedit on the search field.
- Move to the Computer HKEY_CURRENT – USER Software Microsoft Windows NT Current Version Devices.
- Locate the target printer in the list of available devices in the right pane.
Can Default printer be changed?
To change your default printer: Choose Printer and Faxes in the Control Panel (Start, Control Panel, Printers and Faxes). Right-click on the printer you want to make the default printer. From the context menu that opens up select Set as Default Printer.