Follow the procedure below to send the scanned data as an e-mail from the computer.
- Make sure printer is turned on.
- Load original on platen glass.
- Select Scan on the HOME screen.
- Select Attach to E-mail.
- Select a computer to forward scanned data.
- Specify settings as necessary.
- 1 How do I scan a document from my Canon printer to my computer?
- 2 How do I scan a document and attach it to an email?
- 3 How do I setup my Canon printer for email?
- 4 Does my Canon printer have an email address?
- 5 How do I scan a document from my Canon printer to my Chromebook?
- 6 How do I scan from a Canon printer to a Macbook?
- 7 How do I scan a document and send it to my computer?
- 8 What is the difference between scanning and scanning to email?
- 9 How do I scan a document?
How do I scan a document from my Canon printer to my computer?
Start the IJ Scan Utility on your computer and click Auto. Modify the scan settings in the printer. Select the type of media loaded on the platen glass. The document will be scanned to your computer.
How do I scan a document and attach it to an email?
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Document Type and Scan Size.
- Click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed in the image viewer. Confirm and edit (if necessary) the scanned image.
- Click Send E-mail.
- The Send E-mail dialog will appear. Configure the attached file settings *1, and click OK.
How do I setup my Canon printer for email?
Configuring E-Mail/I-Fax Communication Settings
- Start the Remote UI and log in to System Manager Mode. Starting Remote UI.
- Click [Settings/Registration] on the Portal page. Remote UI Screen.
- Select [TX Settings] [Network Settings – E-Mail/I-Fax Settings].
- Click [Edit].
- [Use TLS for SMTP]
- Click [OK].
Does my Canon printer have an email address?
Check whether the e-mail address of the send destination is correct. To check the print address, from the operation panel of this printer, display the home window and select Setup -> Web service setup -> Web service connection setup -> Print from E-mail setup -> Check address for printing.
How do I scan a document from my Canon printer to my Chromebook?
Select Start Scan to have your printer scan the document you’ve placed on the scanner bed. This will open a new tab in your browser where you’ll see the image of the scan appear. When the scan is finished, you can right-click the image and select Save image as to save it to your Chromebook or Google Drive account.
How do I scan from a Canon printer to a Macbook?
Scan with a document-feeding scanner
- Place the pages in the scanner’s document feeder.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
- Select your scanner in the list at the left, then click Open Scanner on the right.
- Select Use Document Feeder.
- Set scanning options.
- Click Scan.
How do I scan a document and send it to my computer?
How to Scan Documents on a Copier to Send to a Computer or Email
- Turn on the copier and your computer.
- Lay the document on the copier with the printed side down on the glass.
- Press the “Scan” button to begin the scanning process.
- Confirm the scanned image is accurate.
- Select a destination for your document.
What is the difference between scanning and scanning to email?
While a scan-to-email printer and most All-in-One printers allow you to scan a document directly from the device using no extra software, specialized scanning software provides you with more options, including the ability to select a document format and choose a resolution.
How do I scan a document?
Scan a document
- Open the Google Drive app.
- In the bottom right, tap Add.
- Tap Scan.
- Take a photo of the document you’d like to scan. Adjust scan area: Tap Crop. Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page. Scan another page: Tap Add.
- To save the finished document, tap Done.