How To Restart the Print Spooler Service on a Windows OS
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type services.
- Scroll down and select the Print Spooler Service.
- Right click on the Print Spooler service and select Stop.
- Wait for 30 seconds for the service to stop.
- Right click on the Print Spooler service and select Start.
- 1 How do I restart the Print Spooler in Windows 10?
- 2 What does it mean to restart printer spooler?
- 3 How do I fix my printer spooler?
- 4 How do I fix the print spooler in Windows 10?
- 5 How do I restart my HP print spooler?
- 6 How do I clear my printer cache in Windows 10?
- 7 What happens if I disable print spooler?
- 8 How do I start the print spooler?
- 9 Why is my printer spooling and not printing?
- 10 How do I turn on print spooler?
- 11 How do you restart the print spooler on a Canon printer?
How do I restart the Print Spooler in Windows 10?
Select Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Windows Task Manager. Select the Services tab and scroll down to Spooler on the list. Check the Status. If the status is Running, right-click on it again and select Restart.
What does it mean to restart printer spooler?
The Print Spooler is software built into the Windows operating system that temporarily stores print jobs in the computer’s memory until the printer is ready to print them. In some circumstances you may need to stop and/or restart the service. To access the Print Spooler you must open the Local Services console.
How do I fix my printer spooler?
Fix for “The print spooler service is not running” Error in
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“.
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
How do I fix the print spooler in Windows 10?
What to do if Print Spooler Keeps Stopping on windows 10
- Run the printer troubleshooter.
- Make sure print spooler service is set to automatic.
- Delete Print Spooler files.
- Restart the print spooler service.
- Uninstall other (unnecessary) printers.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers (from the manufacturer website).
How do I restart my HP print spooler?
Type “services. msc ” to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service. Now again open “Run” – Type “spool” and ok – Go to PRINTERS folder – delete everything in that folder. Go to services again – Start the print spooler.
How do I clear my printer cache in Windows 10?
Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS then press Enter on the keyboard. Press Control + A on the keyboard to select all items. Right click on any of the selected items, then select Delete to remove all print jobs.
What happens if I disable print spooler?
Workaround: disable the Print Spooler Microsoft’s workaround for protecting systems against attacks targeting the new Print Spooler vulnerability is to disable the Print Spooler. The downside to disabling the Print Spooler is that printing becomes unavailable.
How do I start the print spooler?
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialogue. Type services. msc and press ↵ Enter. Double-click Print Spooler.
- Alternatively, click Start → Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services → Print Spooler.
Why is my printer spooling and not printing?
Your files and your Windows installation can sometimes get corrupted, and that can cause issues with printing. If you have problems with printing stuck on spooling, you might be able to fix them simply by performing an SFC scan. SFC scan will scan your PC for any corrupted files and try to fix them.
How do I turn on print spooler?
Do the following:
- Invoke the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog box, type msconfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration utility.
- In the launched console, switch to the Services tab, the middle one, and locate the Print Spooler service.
- To enable Print Spooler service, check the box, and then click the Apply button.
How do you restart the print spooler on a Canon printer?
Restart The Print Spooler On Windows 10
- Press the keys “Windows logo” and “R” simultaneously to open the Run box.
- Now, type “services. msc” and press “Enter” to open the services window.
- After that click “Print Spooler” and then “Restart”
- Check to see whether your Canon printer works.