To set up your Brother machine on a wireless network:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket.
- Press Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.
- 1 Why is my Brother printer not connecting to WiFi?
- 2 How do I reset the WiFi on my Brother printer?
- 3 How do I know if my Brother printer is connected to WiFi?
- 4 How do I get my Brother printer to print wirelessly?
- 5 How do I get my router to recognize my printer?
- 6 Why is my printer not finding my Wi-Fi?
- 7 What are two methods to connect to a printer wirelessly?
- 8 How do I connect my Brother wireless printer without cable?
- 9 Where is the IP address on a Brother printer?
- 10 Is Network key same as password?
- 11 Where can I find WPS pin on Brother printer?
- 12 How do I connect my Brother printer to my laptop?
Why is my Brother printer not connecting to WiFi?
Primary Guide to Solve Brother Printer WiFi Connection Problem. First of all power off the Brother printer and router for minimum one minute and then power on it back. Then turn off the Wi- Fi on your Brother printer and then again turn it on. Try to connect your Brother printer to the Wifi using WPS method.
How do I reset the WiFi on my Brother printer?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Press. (Settings) > All Settings > Network > Network Reset.
- Reset Network? will be displayed. Press Yes.
- Reboot OK? will be displayed. Press Yes for two seconds to confirm. The machine will restart.
How do I know if my Brother printer is connected to WiFi?
Check your machine’s wireless status by printing the WLAN report. > Click here to check the wireless status on the WLAN report. If your WLAN report is stating “Connection OK”, although you can not scan, refer to “Check the wireless status on the WLAN report” and check “Connection: OK”.
How do I get my Brother printer to print wirelessly?
Press and hold the Wireless Mode button for one second to turn on the wireless mode. When the Wi-Fi LED is lit, release the Wireless Mode button. Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable. Start the Printer Setting Tool on the computer, and click [Communication Settings].
How do I get my router to recognize my printer?
This error usually occurs if the printer or the router configurations are corrupted. Why won’t my printer recognize my router?
- Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer Control Panel simultaneously and hold them from about 5 seconds.
- This should reset the printer to network default.
Why is my printer not finding my Wi-Fi?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
What are two methods to connect to a printer wirelessly?
There are three main ways to connect your printer into your Wi-Fi network: using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), using the printer’s onboard Wireless Setup Wizard, or by connecting your printer to your computer via USB and using the supplied software to configure the wireless connection.
How do I connect my Brother wireless printer without cable?
Press and hold the WiFi button on your machine for about 2 seconds, until the light begins to blink. The WiFi button will light up when connected. You have completed Wireless Setup on your Brother machine.
Where is the IP address on a Brother printer?
Press the [Menu] and navigate to the WLAN tab (using the ▲/▼ arrows and the [OK] button) Press ▲ and select WLAN Status. Select Infrastructure Mode. The screen will display your network connection settings, your IP Address is listed on the third line.
Is Network key same as password?
Luckily, it’s not as confusing as it sounds — your network security key is essentially just your Wi-Fi password. A network security key is a specific type of password that allows your Wi-Fi router to talk to the device you’re using, and allows you to use the internet securely.
Where can I find WPS pin on Brother printer?
Press Network. Press WLAN. to display WPS w/PIN Code, and then press WPS w/PIN Code. The LCD will show an 8 digit PIN and the machine starts searching for an access point for 5 minutes.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my laptop?
You can connect most Brother printers to nearly any laptop.
- Go to Brother-USA.com.
- Select “Printers” under the “Select Product Group” drop-down menu.
- Select your computer’s operating system.
- Restart your computer.
- Turn on your computer and printer and wait for your computer to recognize and establish the USB connection.